We don’t often cover Nintendo Direct events, as unlike E3 press conferences they happen more frequently so they often lack that big announcement feeling that we get in E3 week. But today Nintendo gave us their latest direct update, and it is by far the biggest update we have seen. Ever.
While no new hardware was discussed (unless you count more Zelda Amiibos or themed handheld/console editions), the sheer number of games announced in this update with some pretty big titles being given dates is enough for a double take. Honestly, there is so much to talk about we are going to have to do this bullet point style.
Stuff you can get your hands on now
- project OCTOPATH TRAVELER is a new title from Square Enix aiming for 2018 but a demo is on the Switch eShop right now
- Splatoon 2 is getting a free update on the 16th to add some new stages
- ARMS just got a software update letting you remap the buttons
Stuff to look forward to soon
- We already new Super Mario Odyssey is coming but doesnt hurt to remember its not far away on the 27th of this month
- On the 28th you will start getting some classic games on Switch like Super Mario Bros and other NES titles
- Tomorrow gets you NBA 2K18 and FIFA 18 on the 29th, both for the Switch
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions will be on the 2DS on the 7th of October
- Fire Emblem Warriors will be on Switch next month (20th of October)
- More Snipperclips DLC will be available for people that already own the game on the 10th of November but if you dont you can get Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! which is the game + DLC together on the same date
- Kirby: Battle Royale is playable on the 2DS on the 4th of November
- Sonic Forces finally gets to the switch on the 7th of November
- LA Noire will be on the Switch on the 14th of November
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is out on the 17th of November (but we knew that)
- Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil Revelations 2 are both out on the Switch in late November
- Xenoblade Chronicle 2 heads to Switch with a super fancy special edition (with 220 page hardbound art book) on the 1st of December
- Rocket League will be getting some Nintendo themed cars and customisations when it launches soon on Switch
Stuff coming in 2018
- DOOM and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus are both heading for the Switch in 2018
- Pokémon Ultra Sun / Pokémon Ultra Moon should be on the 2DS on the 10th of January
- Mario Party The Top 100 will also be out in January 2018 for the 3DS
- Kirby Star Allies is lining up for a mid to late 2018 release on the Switch
- Dragon Quest Builders (sorry no its not Dragon Quest, but that and Space Ace would be awesome Nintendo if you are reading this) is a fantasy/RPG/combat’y type game out next year on the Switch
- WWE 2K18 is without a date but was mentioned
- Lost Sphear is out in January for the Switch (as well as other consoles)
So was that everything mentioned? Hell no, there were also some updates plus mentions of Minecraft and Poké Ball-themed 3DS and 2DS-XL systems on top of a heap of other games. We have to admit we are pretty excited to see LA Noire on the Switch but overall we can honestly say we have never seen a Nintendo Direct event with SO MANY games specifically mentioned and with dates to go with them.
If you don’t already own a Nintendo Switch then Nintendo are making a pretty solid case as to why you need one before Christmas.