SOUTH AUSTRALIA PINBALL & ARCADE, PINBALL WIZARD TOURNAMENT IX Will take place on SEPTEMBER 21st 2019. WHERE: South Australia Pinball & Arcade, 19 Playford Crescent SALISBURY NORTH Adelaide SOUTH AUSTRALIA. The event will
SOUTH AUSTRALIA PINBALL & ARCADE, PINBALL WIZARD TOURNAMENT IX
Will take place on SEPTEMBER 21st 2019.
WHERE: South Australia Pinball & Arcade, 19 Playford Crescent SALISBURY NORTH Adelaide SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
The event will be Group Matchplay format. All format information is provided below.
TROPHIES FOR TOP 3 PLAYERS
This is an open event for all players, if you have any questions just ask.:-)
All tournaments endorsed by the International Flipper Pinball Association. All participants will receive World Pinball Player Rankings points.
Register your interest at Info@sapa.com.au
or add yourself to the “Going to Event” list
BBQ & DRINKS will be available on the day.
Location – 19 Playford Crescent Salisbury North Adelaide South Australia 5103
. Information and questions from players 12:00pm -2:00pm.
. Tournament: 2:00pm -6:30pm.
. We are running a group match play tournament using matchplay events.
. There will probably be 10 – 12 machines in use on the day.
. Players will be grouped in 4. There will be 4 separate rounds of 3 matches. This means every player will play 12 matches in total minimum.
. In each round the group will play a single game on three different machines and allocated points according to their finishing position: 7/5/3/1 for 4 player groups and 7/4/1 for 3 players groups if necessary. This is the IFPA system of scoring.
. For the first round, grouping will be based on IFPA rankings.
. PLEASE NOTE: After the first round we will use the computer to balance the groups so that players can possibly play each other for the 2nd to 4th rounds.
. We are doing this because the tournament does not require pre-registration.
. At the close of the 4th round, the highest points score will be allocated seeding for the final to ultimately declare a tournament winner.
. Ties will be broken by the number of first place finishes, then by the number of second place finishes and if necessary a single game play-off.
. ENTRY FEE: $25 for the whole event.
. On the day players should have their IFPA # ready, to save time.
1. TOURNAMENT NAME: SAPA PINBALL WIZARD TOURNAMENT IX
2. DATE: Saturday SEPTEMBER 21st 2019.
3. EVENT: Main.
4. TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Barry Stribling, Russell Painter.
5.*ESTIMATED # OF PLAYERS: 20-40
8.*FORMAT: Group match play.
1) Seeding: IFPA.
2) First round pairing: Slaughter.
3) General pairing: Balanced – Players will be randomly paired with previously unfaced opponents.
4) Player order: Rotating – Random order for the first game, then rotates player order evenly.
5) Scoring system: IFPA (7/5/3/1) (7/4/1).
6) Arena draws:*Balanced – Attempts will be made to assign an arena that has been played the fewest times by all opponents.
7) Duration: 4 rounds.
8) Matches each round: 3 matches.
9) Tiebreaker: Break ties by placement – Ties will be broken by number of first place finishes, then by number of second place finishes and if necessary a single game play-off.
All Day (Saturday)